Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

How to Handle a Missed Deadline


I’ve been self-employed for almost 4 years and never once had I missed a client deadline. However, last week I came uncomfortably close. So close, that I was prepping myself for the “we’re not gonna make it” speech. What was I to say? How was I to approach the client? There’s no doubt that they would be angry and even though I had been doing everything in my power to meet the timeline, it was looking grim.
Luckily, in the last second, I made the cut without time to spare. By this time, I had a whole plan worked out as to how I was going to approach a possibly difficult client situation. Instead of wasting my series of steps and never thinking about it again (hopefully…), I decided I’d turn it into a post. Truth be told, the first thing I did was jump on the Internet and run a search on, “how to handle missed deadlines.” I didn’t get much help and I kept thinking, “Why are there no better resources for this kind of thing? What am I supposed to say?”
Now, if you’re in the position I was in last week (and hopefully you aren’t), my prepared plan may serve as a resource for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment